Franklin Elementary School is located in Port Angeles, Washington. We are on a hill overlooking the Straits of Juan de Fuca and beautiful Victoria, British Columbia. The Olympic Mountains provide us with a beautiful backdrop for play and discovery. We are located east of Race Street, bordering Lauridsen Boulevard, in Port Angeles, Washington.
- Franklin students will become lifelong learners, problem solvers, and successful citizens.
- We teach and learn to empower hearts and minds.
- To provide a safe, healthy, caring environment where all students are challenged to think, grow, and achieve academic and social independence through shared responsibility and a commitment to life long learning.
- To leave Franklin Elementary with the skills to interpet and use data to make sense of information and complex situations, to make meaningful connections and discover new insights leading to the formulation of new questions.
- The total community shares the responsibility in the education of its children.
- Communication that is clear and respectful between all staff, students, parents and community is a key to trust and progress.
- Franklin is a safe, positive, welcoming place for all and strives for academic excellence.
- All individuals are unique, have inherent worth, deserve respect, and their individual and cultural diversity is valued and recognized in all elements of our educational community.
- Nurturing the individual intellectually, artistically, emotionally, socially, and physically leads to responsible, productive community member ship.
- All children can succeed and their achievements can be measured in a variety of ways.
- Skills for lifelong learning, wellness and working with others are fostered in a flexible, innovative learning environment, integrating technology and current resources.
Continuous School Improvement Plan
Thank you for your support and interest in Franklin Elementary! We would love to hear from you! Contact the front office at 360.457.1343. If you would like to phone a staff member, please use this main contact number and the office staff will transfer you!